My qualifications are as follows:
- Foundation course in Counselling 2000
- Diploma in Hypnosis and Psychotherapy 2004
- Advanced Diploma in Counselling 2007
- Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy 2009
- Counselling for depression (CFD) 2011
- EMDR parts 1-3 completed 2012
- Transactional Analysis, part 1 and 2
- Attachment training in EMDR (2014 and 2015)
- Training completed with PODS ( Positive Outcomes for Dissociative Survivors)various
- NScience.org Working with complex PTSD and trauma
I am accredited through my governing body BACP (British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy) since 2009. I have a varied working history having worked in NHS settings, charities and the voluntary sector.
The person centred approach means I work with you to get the best for you from our sessions. E.M.D.R (eye movement desensitization and reprocessing) is a way of working which is very effective with clients who have suffered a trauma. Please look at the link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yh1OoOG2WEg which explains the EMDR process.